Terms Of Service
Article 1. The Service
The Service is a C-to-C platform on which NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens), such as characters and items, etc., on blockchains may be sold and purchased. All sales, offers for sale, and purchases, etc. between Users shall be conducted at such Users’ responsibility. The Company does not make any warranty that the seller is making such offer for sale under legitimate rights or any other similar warranties. The Company itself does not conduct any sale or purchase or accept any entrustment thereof nor is it involved in any fulfillment thereof. Accordingly, the Company will not respond to any cancellation or return, etc. after the conclusion of any sales or purchases.
Article 2. Application of These Terms
- These Terms shall apply to any and all relationships between Users and the Company in relation to the use of the Service.
- In relation to the Service, the Company may establish various provisions (the “Individual Provisions”) in addition to these Terms, such as rules under which the Service is to be used. Such Individual Provisions shall constitute a part of these Terms, regardless of title.
- If the provisions of these Terms conflict with the Individual Provisions described in the preceding paragraph, the Individual Provisions shall prevail, unless otherwise particularly set forth in the Individual Provisions.
Article 3. Consent to These Terms
- Upon using the Service, Users are required to give their advance consent to these Terms.
- Each User shall be deemed to have agreed to these Terms as of the time such User commences use of the Service via a web browser designated by the Company. An agreement (“Use Agreement”) between such User and the Company will also be created then, in accordance with the provisions of these Terms.
- Users who are minors shall use the Service after having obtained consent from their parent or other legal representative. If any User who had been a minor at the time of giving consent to these Terms uses the Service after coming of age, such User shall be deemed to have confirmed of any and all legal acts related to and acts of use of the Service during the time he/she was a minor.
Article 4. Management of Accounts
- A Service account will be automatically created at the time each User commences the use of the Service via a web browser designated by the Company. Users shall manage their accounts at their own responsibility and shall not lease, assign, sell, purchase, change the ownership of, or cause any third party to use the same.
- The Company may consider any use of the Service as use by the person identified by such Service account, and the consequences of such use, as well as any and all responsibilities arising therefrom, shall be attributable to such person identified by such account.
- When it is discovered that a User’s account is being fraudulently used or is being used by a third party, such User shall immediately notify the Company to that effect and shall follow the Company’s instructions.
- If the Company or a third party incurs damage due to any misuse of a User’s account, such User shall compensate the Company or such third party for such damage.
Article 5. Commission Fees
Commission fees separately designated by the Company will be incurred upon using the Service.
Article 6. Provision, Cessation, and Termination of the Service
- The Service will be provided only in relation to the content separately designated by the Company (the “Content Subject to Provision”).
- Users shall prepare the equipment and communication environment, etc. required for using the Service at their own expense and responsibility.
- The Company may change the details or cease or terminate the provision of all or part of the Service without notification to Users. The Company will not be responsible for any and all damages incurred by Users due to such change, cessation, or termination.
Article 7. Other Companies’ Services
Upon using the Service, a storage function designated by the Company for digital assets and cryptocurrency (the “Wallet”) and a smart contract system and other services designated by the Company (collectively referred to as “Other Companies’ Services”) are required, where such Other Companies’ Services will be provided by enterprises other than the Company. Responsibilities related to Other Companies’ Services shall be borne by the enterprises that provide such Other Companies’ Services, and the Company shall not bear any responsibilities therefor.
Article 8. Prohibitions
Users shall not engage in the following acts when using the Service:
- Acts that violate or threaten to violate the laws, regulations, public order, or standards of decency;
- Acts of infringing the intellectual property rights or other rights of the Company or any third party (including other Users), such as copyrights, trademark rights, or patent rights;
- Acts of destroying or obstructing the functions of the servers and network systems of the Company or any third party;
- Acts that threaten to interfere with the operation of the Company’s services;
- Acts of unauthorized access, use of a third party’s account, or acts of attempting to conduct either of the foregoing;
- Acts that cause disadvantage, damage, and discomfort to other Users of the Service or other third parties;
- Acts of impersonating other Users;
- Acts of collecting or accumulating personal information, etc. of other Users;
- Promotion, advertisement, solicitation, or other acts of business conducted for commercial purposes;
- Acts of using the Service for the purpose of dating strangers of the opposite sex;
- Acts of directly or indirectly providing favors or other forms of cooperation to anti-social forces;
- Other acts of using the Service for any purpose other than the purpose of use intended by the Service;
- Acts of using the Service via two or more accounts for the purpose of conducting any acts prohibited under this article; or
- Other acts that the Company regards as inappropriate.
Article 9. Representations and Warranties
Each User shall represent and warrant to the Company that:
- Such User is not and will not become an organized crime group, a company related to an organized crime group, a corporate extortionist (“sokaiya”), or any person/entity equivalent to any of the foregoing or a member thereof (collectively, “Anti-Social Forces”);
- In the case where such User is a corporation or any similar entity, its officers (meaning executive members, directors, executive officers, and any person equivalent to any of the foregoing) are not and will not become Anti-Social Forces;
- Such User is not causing Anti-Social Forces to use its name to enter into the Use Agreement;
- Such User does not engage in any of the following acts in relation to the Use Agreement, either by him/her/itself or through a third party:
- Engaging in threatening behavior or violent acts against the Company; or
- Interfering with the Company’s business by using fraudulent means or force or tarnishing the reputation thereof;
- Such User does not accept any capital or funds, etc. from Anti-Social Forces, whatever its pretext;
- Such User does not provide any capital or funds, etc. to Anti-Social Forces, whatever its pretext;
- No Anti-Social Forces are involved in such User’s business operation; and
- Such User does not engage in any other acts equivalent to any of the foregoing.
Article 10. Discontinuance and Suspension of Provision of the Service
- If the Company decides that any of the following events has occurred, it may discontinue or suspend the provision of all or part of the Service without prior notification to Users:
- Maintenance, inspection, or renewal is conducted in relation to the systems, etc. used for the Service;
- It becomes difficult for the Company to provide the Service due to force majeure events, such as earthquakes, lightning, fires, blackouts, or natural disasters;
- The provision of all or part of the Other Companies’ Services is discontinued or suspended;
- The systems or communication lines, etc. used for the Service have broken down due to accidents or other causes; or
- The Company otherwise decides that it is difficult for it to provide the Service.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any disadvantage or damage incurred by Users or third parties due to the discontinuance or suspension of the provision of the Service.
Article 11. Restriction of Use and Deregistration
- If any User falls under any of the following, the Company may restrict such User’s use of all or part of the Service or deregister such User’s account without prior notification:
- Such User breaches any article of these Terms;
- Such User fails to pay his/her/its monetary liabilities, such as commission fees;
- Such User fails to respond to the Company for a certain period of time after receiving contact therefrom;
- Such User has not used the Service for a certain period of time after his/her/its last use;
- Such User breaches any representations or warranties under Article 9; or
- The Company otherwise decides that such User is not qualified to use the Service.
- The Company will not be responsible for any and all damages incurred by Users due to the Company’s acts under this article.
Article 12. Disclaimer of Warranties and Exemption of Liabilities
- The Company does not explicitly or implicitly warrant that no practical or legal defects (including those concerning safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, validity, fitness for a particular purpose, defects regarding security, errors, bugs, infringement of rights, etc.) exist in relation to the Service.
- The Company will not be responsible for any and all damages incurred by Users due to the Service; provided, however, that the exemption of liabilities provision in this paragraph will not apply in a case where the Use Agreement constitutes a consumer contract under the Consumer Contract Act.
- Even in a case set forth in the proviso of the preceding paragraph, the Company will not be responsible for any and all damages incurred by Users due to the Company’s default or unlawful conduct caused by negligence (excluding gross negligence), which were incurred under special circumstances (including cases where the Company or Users have or may have foreseen the occurrence of such damages). The maximum amount of compensation for the damages incurred by Users due to the Company’s default or unlawful conduct caused by negligence (excluding gross negligence) shall be the amount of the commission fee received from such User for the month in which such damages occurred.
- The Company will not be responsible for any transactions, contacts, or disputes, etc. that arise between Users and other Users or between Users and third parties in relation to the Service.
Article 13. Modification of these Terms and the Individual Provisions
- The Company may modify these Terms and the Individual Provisions at any time it deems necessary without notifying Users.
- The modified Terms and Individual Provisions shall come into effect as of the time they are posted on this website, and, if any User uses the Service after the modification of these Terms and the Individual Provisions, such User shall be deemed to have agreed to the modified Terms and Individual Provisions.
Article 14. Handling of Personal Information
Article 15. Notifications and Contacts
- Notifications and contacts between Users and the Company shall be made by the method stipulated by the Company.
- Under the premise that the contact addresses currently registered by each User are valid, the Company will provide notifications and contacts to such addresses, unless the User notifies of a change of address by the method separately stipulated by the Company.
- Even if notifications from the Company are delayed or the User does not receive the same due to not having notified the Company of a change of address, as set forth in the preceding paragraph, such notifications from the Company shall be deemed to have reached such User at the time when it should have usually reached him/her/it.
Article 16. No Assignment of Rights and Obligations
Users may not assign or provide as collateral to any third party their status under the Use Agreement or the rights or obligations under these Terms without the Company’s prior written approval.
Article 17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- Any disputes that arise in relation to the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court of competent jurisdiction in the location of the Company in the first instance.